I got four words for you…
HEALTHY. PUMPKIN. SPICE. MUFFINS.
Are you like… YES. PLEASE?!? GOOD NEWS… you can get your hands on our newest smoothie bowl/energy ball/overnight oats mix in/muffin makin’ flavor – – – PUMPKIN SPICE – – – which you’ll need to make this DELICIOUS (and clean) fall inspired recipe.
(I know you’re drooling…keep scrolling…)
- For muffins:
- 1¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (preferably Bob’s Red Mill® All- Purpose Baking Flour, red label)
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- For frosting:
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 2 packets Pumpkin Spice Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin papers and lightly coat with spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; whisk until combined; set aside.
- Place pumpkin puree, coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and extract in separate mixing bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture; whisk until smooth and well-incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin papers and bake, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating once, until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, in a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, coconut sugar, and coconut milk. Beat with a hand blender on low until combined then slowly add in Shakeology until combined.
- Turn hand blender up to medium-high and beat until frosting is fluffy.
- Once muffins are completely cooled, top each with 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. frosting and enjoy!